Tuesday

How to Dissolve a painful feeling.


Allow the 'painful feeling' to lead you to wherever it wants to take you... Yes, it can be a bit scary but it won't kill you and it will set you FREE from the painful feeling if you simply witness, watch, observe where the painful feeling is taking you..

Another way of witnessing a painful feeling is to ask it questions. Here's an example of a spontaneous dialogue that unfolds when you ask a painful feeling questions. Of course, your session with your painful feeling will be different than the example I am sharing with you that a woman friend shared with me.

DIALOGUE WITH A PAINFUL FEELING
(This dialogue was between a woman and a physical and emotional pain she
had experienced for years that she could not dissolve. Her name has been
removed from the dialogue to protect her privacy.)



YOU: Where are you taking me?

PF (Painful Feeling): To the land of powerlessness and guilt.


YOU: Why?

PF: It is how I control your life and stop you from being you.


YOU: Why do you want to stop me from being me?

PF: If I can't be myself, you can't be yourself.


YOU: You are a feeling, what do you mean you can't be yourself.

PF: I am not a feeling...


YOU: Who are you?

PF: A voice from your past, your mother.


YOU: What?? My mother??

PF: Of course, I am the one who always made it a point to make you feel bad when you wanted to be you..


YOU: Why would you do that?

PF: Because being yourself is not good for you


YOU: Who said so?

PF: I did, your mother...


YOU: Why would you do that to me.. I thought you loved me...

PF: I do love you the only way I can love you and that is to stop you from doing what you want to do, stop you from being you.


YOU: It makes me unhappy that you stop me from doing what I want to do.

PF: Well I'm unhappy and I'm your mother and if I can't be happy, why should you be happy?


_____________________________
The dialogue continued on. With each passing moment the painful feeling became less and less painful. The understanding that came out of having a dialogue with her painful feeling filled this woman with love and compassion for her mother because she connected with the source of her painful feeling and understood it. The moment she did, it the painful feeling disappeared never to return again...


---------------------------------
Read about the
One Magnificent Thought
Self-Help program
, Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment